Saturday, September 6, 2014

"Gordy's Chairs, 2014"

A cute little impromptu photoshoot at my dear friend Jane's house. . . A couple of "chairs" made from the tops of a champagne and a Proseco bottle. They were crafted by a close friend of Jane's during a recent vacation. Add in a flower from Jane's garden, a backlit polystyrene cutting board, and a windowsill, and, "Voila!" A garden fresh little sitting room for the "Borrowers."
  • A favorite series of books from my youth, the Borrowers, stories of the teeny tiny mouse-sized people that live in your homes "borrowing" things they need. They live behind the walls and under floors and are the sweetest, most inventive characters in fiction, lol. Here's a cool collection of their tales. I read them all when I was about nine or ten years old. I might read 'em again! The Complete Borrowers, here

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE THEM. THE THINGS WE THROW AWAY ARE A SIN. JUST LOOK AT WHAT YOU CAN MAKE IF YOU HAVE THE ARTIST IN YA.

    GRANNY

    ReplyDelete