Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Vintage Ibelo Monopol Lighter

I've recently begun doing new scans of some of my cooler items. There are 14,587 I'd like to do first, lol. This is a vintage Ibelo lighter, engraved stainless steel from what I can tell, around 4-inches by 3-inches. The company is German, and I'm guessing my dad probably bought it in the late 1950s while we were stationed there. Love the art deco pattern! It just needs a small pin at the top to align the section that pivots, but I'm sure it's around here somewhere.

1 comment:

  1. Both of my parents smoked in the 50's (who didn't?) and Bics were still down the road aways. We always had huge ceramic, glass or crystal ashtrays, usually with the matching table lighter. Mom and dad also had quite a few interesting pocket lighters. Dad really went for the wacky ones! Mom also had a big collection of matchbooks from restaurants and other places as they were a common marketing commodity. She kept them in a huge brandy-glass shaped bowl. She still had them when she died last year! I had a small collection of unusual lighters too, but they were lost in our recent house fire. Ahhh, the memories! Thanks Casey! Kathy

    ReplyDelete