Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Spring Tomorrow But I Don't Really See It!

Still winter temperatures around here, but no snow lately. Most of what we had is melting steadily. I'm really ready for Spring and puttering around outside!

 Backyard brook/swamp/creek is full and full of ice.

 Lonely tomato cage and deer netting awaiting the warmer seasons.

A red shamrock and a purple tradescanthia reach for the meager winter sun during a recent snowstorm.

 Morning Glory vines from past seasons tough it out.

These two struggling plants were given to me late last summer and they're both doing fine now.

The peace bench has a winter arrangement on it. I found half of a square paver and from most angles it looks like a pyramid. This is a calm place to sit.

A close-up of the paver and peace bench shows the industrial origins of the granite slab. You can see the scars of mining and drilling on it. 

View from above show the various items in this seasonal arrangement, all things found around the yard by digging.

Common late winter site: My sneakers and melting snow.

Plants like Foxgloves which don't lose their leaves, warm up faster than the bare ground around them.

1 comment:

  1. IF YOU WERE TO ASK ME WHICH PICTURE I LIKED BEST I COULDN'T TELL YOU. ALL. I HOPE YOU DON'T GET FLOODING WHEN THE ICE THAWS OUT. I AGREE ABOUT IT BEING A PEACEFUL PLACE TO SIT. I LOVE MY NATURE AND TALKING TO MY LORD. GOD BLESS . GRANNY

    ReplyDelete