Tuesday, November 12, 2013

First Dusting of Snow—11-12-'13

Garden globe was perfectly covered in the light first snow this morning. I think it looks even more like Earth now, with those scattered clouds everywhere.

Nothing fluttering by June's Butterfly bush today! Leaves hold up perfectly for a while even in this cold. They're a great sage color now.
 
Barely noticeable, but the brief snow shower was more intense in a few minutes. Then it stopped. Now it's frigid!

The velvety leaves of the Foxgloves provide a perfectly non-skid surface to hold the wet snow.

Even the grass is able to turn a morning's snow into a clusters of pearls.

The watering "can" won't be seeing any duty until next spring.

My little laurel bush, named Charlie Brown (as in his Christmas tree, lol), has leaves which serve nicely as platters for the light, fresh snow.

The Chipmunk's eye view of a bed of downed oak leaves. They all look like Sugar-Frosted Flakes!

6 comments:

  1. I wondered how you fared today! We got our first snow this morning here in central NJ too. Big fluffy flakes! It's 36F today though, so it didn't stick around long. I'd be perfectly happy if that was all the snow for this winter! LOL

    Hope you are better!
    xox
    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad I went outside when I did because it was all gone shortly afterward. I'd be perfectly happy if that was all of it, too! Wasn't it just last year we had a Halloween blizzard?

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had a tiny bit very early all gone by the time I ventured out. You know who is loving this dip in temps...;-)

    Your photos are beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVED THE SNOW PICTURES TODAY.SEND IT HERE. I'VE BEEN ILL AND GRAMPS WILL BE HAVING AN OPERATION THIS WEEK. JUST KNOW I THINK OF YOU OFTEN. STAY WELL AND GOD BLESS. STILL LOVE ALL THE THINGS YOU SHARE.YOUR VERY SPECIAL. GRANNY

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Granny! Thanks for all your comments on these posts. Sorry to hear you've not been well. I hope you're on the mend! And send Gramps my best for next week!

      Delete