Saturday, November 17, 2012

Step Right Up, Read All About It!

This is a photo I shot one winter. It's now appearing in a Rhode Island news website.

Yesterday morning I woke up and checked my email, as I always do. I had a nice note from a writer in Rhode Island asking permission to use one of my photos in a news story. She writes for the GoLocal Providence website and was working on a story about winterizing historic homes. Of course, I said yes. I'm not sure how she came across the photo, I forgot to ask. I assume she used "Google" to find it. It always surprises me but I can't tell you how many times I've used Google for something and found my own photos appearing! And it's always fun to see my work make it's way in the world. I'm supportive of legitimate and ethical journalists that remember to ask permission, too! The photo not only appears in the story itself, but is also used on their front page running banner, and on the Real Estate first page teasing and linking to the story. A good time was had by all, lol!

This is how it appears on their page one running banner.
  • The link to GoLocal Providence, here. Click on Real Estate and then the "Winterizing" story.

4 comments:

  1. That is so neat Casey. I've had a couple of my photos used over the years and it is so exciting to see "photo by". I love that photos by the way, it would make a wonderful Xmas card.

    Happy Thanksgiving, kiddo. I'm off to California on Monday for a week. First time I have stepped foot on a plane in two years. I 'm gonna read Keith's book on my new Kindle while i fly.

    Happy T-Day to the rest of you Casey fans...eat, drink and be merry.

    Annie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, Annie! Working in publishing for almost 33 years, I've seen my name in print quite a bit, but usually because I'm the art director, lol. To have someone else choose a photo without knowing me at all was cool! I hope you have a great time in CA and a great Thanksgiving.

      Delete
  2. I'M GETTING READY FOR BEDTIME.BUT I HAD TO STOP BY YOUR PLACE TO SEE WHAT WAS NEW TODAY. I'M SO GLAD I DID. I LOVE THE PICTURE AND IT SURELY WOULD MAKE A GREAT CHRISTMAS CARD. MY FIRST THOUGHT WAS CHRISTMAS. HOW I WOULD LOVE TO TAKE A SHORT WALK IN THE SNOW. DO YOU HAVE ANY YET? I THINK IT'S GREAT THAT YOU GAVE THE OK FOR HER TO USE THE PICTURE. I LOVE THAT STYLE OF HOME. MY GREAT AUNT [GOD REST HER SOUL] HAD WHAT YOU WOULD CALL THE BEST HOME IN TOWN. ALONG WITH A CARRIAGE HOUSE LARGE YARDWELL GROOM AND A GOLDFISH POND. WHEN WE WOULD GO THERE AS CHILDREN WE ALWAY SAT IN THE PARLOR, NOT THE LIVING ROOM.WE HAD TO SIT AND BE QUIET WHILE THA ADULTS TALKED. SHE HAD A GRAND PIANO WITH TWO BEAUTIFUL RED VASES THAT SAT ON TOP. I NEVER TOLD HER BUT I ALWAY WISH SHE WOULD LEAVE THEM TO ME IN HER WILL BUT I WAS TOO AFRAID TO ASK. I OFTEN WONDERED WHAT HAPPEN TO THEM. HER DAUGHTER HAS BEEN IN A NURSING HOME FOR A LONG TIME AND THE HOUSE SAT EMPTY. I DON'T KNOW WHAT EVER HAPPEN TO IT. I ALWAY LOVED GOING THERE BECAUSE SHE WAS SO SPECIAL AND EVERYONE LOOKED UP TO HER IN TOWN.I WAS ALWAY TREATED SPECIAL BY HER. FUNNY HOW LIFE CHANGES.YOUR PICTURE REMINDED ME OF HER. HER HOME WAS LARGE LIKE THIS ONE BUT MADE OUT OF BEAUTIFUL STONE.

    THANKS FOR SHAING AND ENJOY YOUR WEEK.

    GRANNY XXOO

    ReplyDelete
  3. SHARING..............................................................................................DAMM

    GRANNY

    ReplyDelete