Monday, November 19, 2012

Game of India, Milton Bradley, 1932

I've shown this eighty year-old Milton Bradley game before, in the backgrounds of photos of my collections. Today I'm featuring it front and center for the beautiful piece of art it is. The box cover has outstanding artwork, as does the game board. My fine art is greatly influenced by the colors in my vintage pieces, and these are great examples of those hues.

This game also is known by the name, Parcheesi, and originally dates to approximately 500AD.

1 comment:

  1. PARCHEESI WAS ALWAY ONE OF MY FAVORITE GAMES AS A KID. IN FACT GRAMPS AND I WERE JUST TALKING ABOUT THE GAMES WE USED TO PLAY AND HOW A GAME WOULD COST AS LITTLE AS MAYBE 50 CENTS AND NOW THERE UP TO 20 DOLLARS. GREED AGAIN. I ALWAY LIKE PLAYING THE GAME OF SORRY ALSO. IT'LL BE A COLD DAY IN H/// BEFORE I'D PAY 20 DOLLARS FOR A GAME TODAY. NO REALLY.
    YES, THE ARTWORK IS SUPER.

    THANKS FOR SHARING.
    GRANNY

    ReplyDelete