Thursday, October 11, 2012

Last Sunflowers—Babies!

My sunflowers were pretty successful this summer. I had about half a dozen plants, or stems, with several different color varieties. The original flowers didn't last long, a combination of yard critters and a couple of windy rainstorms pulled down those first large flowers. But I never cut down the plants afterwards, and now they are sending out tiny flowers up and down the stems. Each bloom is only about 2-3 inches across, they're somewhat mishapen, but are a nice surprise in my rapidly aging October flowergardens!
 

1 comment:

  1. COOL, REALLY LOVE THE LAST ONE THE BEST. DIFFERANT AND PRETTY? THE FIRST ONE IS REALLY PRETTY ALSO. I BET YOU'VE HAD A NICE FALL. I MISS THE COLORS SO MUCH. FLORIDA IS FINE FOR BEING A SNOWBIRD WHICH I'M NOT ANYMORE BUT I'LL TAKE THE NORTH OVER THE SOUTH. I REALLY LOVE 4 SEASONS AND MISS IT LIKE CRAZY.
    I CAN JUST SEE YOU OUT IN THE YARD CLEANNING UP THE LEAVES ETC. MAKE A BIG BIG PILE AND WE'LL GO JUMP IN THEM.

    THANKS FOR SHARING. YOU KNOW HOW MUCH I ENJOY.

    GRANNY, XXOO.

    ReplyDelete