Monday, January 23, 2012

Winter Abstracts: Looking Up, Looking Down

One will dry up and blow away. The other will just dry up. They'll both be soon gone.

A bit of fence along the boardwalk in the center of town.

Composite of stems and seedpods silhouetted in the snow. Lighting levels due to clouds and shadows and time of day.

Railings at the Post Office.

 Old Glory's rippling reflection in the icy slush of Tuxis Pond.

Snow and Nature's Slushies along the pond's edges.

The edges of Tuxis Pond are slowly turning to ice; the resident turtles are nowhere to be see— patiently waiting for the next warm and sunny spring day.

Oh, yeah? This old tree on Wall Street has room to rent.

 A study in black, beige and white . . .

. . . and a study in gray, blue and white.

7 comments:

  1. The Tuxis Pond shots were a big hit with me today. First the reflection of Old Glory in the icy slush of the pond, I can almost hear her calling out...'help me, help me.'

    And the edges of Tuxis Pond slowly turning to ice........wonderful picture, love the lines and the shadows taking me to an icy nowhere.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I REMEMBER A PICTURE YOU POSTED LAST YEAR THAT REMINDS ME OF THE ONE HERE WITH THE FENCING. SHADOWS WERE ON THE OTHER PICTURE.SEE HOW I LOOK FOR DETAILS. LOL
    I REEALLY WISH I COULD GO ON ONE OF YOUR WALKS SO MUCH TO SEE. THEN STOP IN A SHOP FOR A CUP OD COFFEE AND SHARE.

    GRANNY

    ReplyDelete
  3. HITTING WRONG KEYS AGAIN. EXCUSE THE MISTAKES.

    GRANNY

    ReplyDelete
  4. we don't care about typos here, Granny. Just glad you're enjoying the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Casey, your photos are especially striking today! I love love love the first one! Well, I love them all! Old Glory's reflection in the pond is a beauty! Thanks for going out on this slushy day and takings photos, then sharing them with us. What a joy! :)

    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Casey, you've made even dreary day pics look awesome! The one of "Old Glory" sends a chill through me...on different levels!!
    Can I come along with you and Granny for that walk and cup of coffee??
    Thanks for slogging thru to get these fab pictures for us!!
    Mare

    ReplyDelete
  7. MARE, WOULDN'T IT BE FUN TO SPEND JUST ONE FULL DAY WITH CASEY. I WOULD BE ANAVENTURE IN MANY WAYS BECAUSE I'D LOVE TO SNOOP THROUGH HIS THINGS. THEN WISH I HAD A FEW OF THEM.
    I THINK I'D RATHER TAKE THAT WALK RIDING ON MY SCOOTER IN THE SPRING.

    GRANNY

    ReplyDelete