Saturday, December 10, 2011

FloralColour on a Dreary December Day

I have probably posted these Photoshopped floral images before, but it's a dull, dreary, December day, and I wanted to see some color. The photos I've been taking lately are dull and dreary, too. I think it's time to brighten up the joint a bit. These images are digital "quilts" made from flowers I've grown or have been given, art pieces I've created, and fabrics and homemade afghans I've scanned.  Enjoy, even if it's for the second time!


Bonus Photo
This is the "final" photoshop digital quilt, created by combining the individual images created above. I've done several pieces like this and used pieces of them in my physical hang-on-a-wall art pieces.

9 comments:

  1. Very nice, Casey. It did brighten my day. Thank goodness my sun glasses were handy.

    Have a great day everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE HOMEMADE QUILT. MY MOM AND GRANMOTER MADE MANY YEARS AGO. I ONLY HAVE ONE LEFT. DARN. I DO LIKE BRIGHT COLORED ONES EVEN THOUGH IN REAL LIFE I LIKE PLAIN.SOLID COLORS IN MOST THINGS IN MY HOUSEHOLD. FLOWERS ARE A DIFFERANT STORY. I'LL TAKE WHATEVER I CAN GET. ONE THING I'M SURE ABOUT IS HEAVEN. THERE'LL BE COLOR LIKE NONE OTHER. AN ARTIST DREAM. I'M SURE I'LL BE AN ARTIST WHEN I GET THERE.

    THANKS FOR SHARING.

    GRANNY

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are interesting images that remind me of that toy that you hold up to your eye and twist to see images subdivide themselves by use of tiny mirrors.

    I forgot what you call it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had to think about it a few minutes... Kaleidoscope!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely stuff. I was thinking that all put together they look like stained-glass windows.

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks, ish. I think it would be quite fun to design stained glass windows. always a new art form to figure out how to do!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh yes..I do remember and love these "quilts"..They are fantastic..thanks for the ray of sunshine...i really needed it!
    Mare

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the new work, Casey. It does remind me of stained glass, a hobby I just picked up again after 30 years.

    [IMG]http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg18/barry2952/House/IMG_0374.jpg[/IMG]

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Barry! that's really cool! I'd love to work in that medium some day. Hope you and G are very well these days!

    ReplyDelete