Saturday, July 23, 2011

RIP Gentle Soul, Amy Winehouse



"Love is a Losing Game"
RIP, Amy Winehouse. I have no idea why some drug addicts die, and why others, like myself, reform and live to see another decade or three. We all have demons, we all cope with them the best we can. Some of us die young, others not so much. I'm never sure which is the better outcome. I could have died 5-6 times already, if not more. I've come "this" close...

Amy, if we had met in this world, I'm sure we would have laughed together more than we would have raised our voices in opposition! 

Talent is talent, and I thank you for sharing yours with us. You're in the next stage now—and I'm jealous—but then, you knew that already, didn't you? 




Tears Dry on their Own:




On the David Letterman show, 2007, with her hit "Rehab:"



Will You Still Love Me, Tomorrow?

7 comments:

  1. First, thanks Casey for posting a nice performance of Amy, I love her haunting, soulful voice. She suffered deeply for her life choices and I think it is sad that some media chooses to play as a final tribute to her the sad last appearance. I too would have loved to have a laugh with her.

    As to why... perhaps it is not the years or the deeds that decides our fate, rather the work that is left to be done. Amy may have finished hers and as for you Casey.... I think there is much more work left to be done...you don't have permission to leave quite yet. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's all about what has been accomplished and what is left to be done, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You asked, why she died while others survived? It all comes down to karma along with the fact that she was in denial that was tied into fame.

    I knew a wonderful women with one of the biggest IQ's who went down this path and died of an overdose She also barley weighed nothing, I can remember her casket and rocking back and forth right from the wind right before she was lowered in the ground.

    Yeah, I don't give you permission to leave too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. CASEY, YOUR A GIFT TO ME. YOU KEEP ME INTERESTED. I KNOW I'M A GIFT TO YOU ALSO BUT YOU JUST DON'T KNOW IT YET.

    LOVE YOU AND HUGS.

    GRANNY

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing, casey. It seems that the one thing that separates us from tragedy is grace. We just don't fully appreciate the gift while we're going through it and are often humbled by it on the other side.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for all of your words Annie, Woody, Granny and C&T. "Another brick in the wall" as Pink Floyd once sang, I guess.

    Between the heat wave, my glasses (old and new) and Life's ups and downs, I'm a bit wilted right now. I'll be perkier soon, I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Casey...I guess ours is not to question "why"...
    Many wonderful thoughts here..."grace" says a lot about it...something we just don't understand.
    I also agree with Annie that you don't yet have permission to leave and with granny that you are a "gift" to many of us...
    Thanks Woody for the thoughts as well...
    I understand the "wilted" feeling of late...sometimes it is just hard to slog through and keep going..but you are right..things will perk up..YOU will perk up and all will once again be right with the world..
    I for one am thankful you are still here!
    Mare

    ReplyDelete