Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Winter Reflections

Some old friends of fellow Pink Gardens resident, June, stopped by the other day in this brand new Hyundai Sonata. I captured winter's bare trees in its beautifully sculpted hood and sleekly angled windshield. This model of Sonata has a painted grille, which I like better than the chromed version I've more frequently seen. Click on this thumbnail to see these stark reflections in all their glory.

More Reflections
• The YouTube video of the Supremes' Reflections is here. The gals perform a truly odd made-for-TV medley at the end. Sammy Davis Jr is the Emcee. I know he had his own TV show in 1966, but this Supremes song came out in '67, so maybe this is one of his later TV specials.
Reflections. A Grateful Dead tribute band. Who knew, lol?

BTW:
M I N O R   C H O P — When Hyundai's Genesis sedan first came out in late 2008, even though I admired the styling of the car itself, I found its ornate chrome grille texture a bit much. I did this quick chop back then, changing the grille to simple horizontal slats and painting them body color instead of the bright chrome, just to see if it would look better. I added the Hyundai logo  to the center of the grille, as the Genesis doesn't have one, and then spelled out H-Y-U-N-D-A-I on the grille frame. I was reminded of this chop when I saw the blue Sonata above. Once again, are "they" watching me, lol?

3 comments:

  1. All I can say Casey, you're a genius when it comes to writing and chopping, very imaginative. I wish one day you can write a book - like Hans Chrisitan Anderson that takes you to another time and for all ages to enjoy.
    Of course, your book would be accompanied by art to help tell the story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. DITTO TO WHAT WOODY SAID BUT I WANT ONE ALL ABOUT YOUR SECRETS ABOUT GROWING FLOWERS AND SUCH. I KNOW YOU HAVING A GENTLE TOUCH.

    GRANNY

    ReplyDelete