Friday, December 24, 2010

Santa Works Two Days a Year at Pink Gardens

This Santa was created by my Dad in 1961. It was a kit he sent away for, a transferable pattern, including an outline to cut the Masonite board, and the "paint by numbers" for the body itself. Almost fifty years old, he is in almost perfect condition. Originally, his lantern had a box behind it and held a lightbulb that shone through some sort of frosted glass, but that's gone missing through the years. Still, he's in fine fettle, looking much the same as he always has. I put him outside of the house two days a year, the day before Christmas and Christmas day. My friend John usually stops by with his young daughter, Makayla, for her present, which is always a purple Matchbox car. She starts reminding me about it in the summer when I see her, lol. I'll take a photo of them in front of Santa, something I've done a few years now.  

10 comments:

  1. Santa is in Uganda on his way to Ethiopia... Ho Ho Ho

    ReplyDelete
  2. Santa's next stop is Rome if he can escape the Italians (and the Pope) all should be well... Keep a light on in CT. Oh and don't forget the cookies and milk.

    ReplyDelete
  3. the lights are on all night every night, lol. I'm going to leave Santa a shot of tequila. I think he'll need it by the time he gets to Connecticut.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I JUST SAW HIM GO DOWN MY STREET STILL GETTING SOME GOOD REPORTS. BOY HE TRAVEL FAST. HE WINKED AT ME AND SAID I'LL SEE YOU LATER FOR A OH NEVER MIND. LOL I DON'T HAVE ANY COOKIES .
    GN CASEY GN

    GRANNY

    ReplyDelete
  5. http://lambertnyc.blogspot.com/2010/12/scandinavian-folk.html

    HERE A BLOG I GO TO NOW AND THEN. GUY'S NOT TO BAD TO LOOK AT EITHER. LOL

    GRANNY

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've seen that blog before. We have similar taste. I'm not sure if those vintage items are his belongings or if he finds photos of cool things. I like the Howdy Doodie record box.

    Same to you PX!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the Santa -- if we had a yard I'd love to have something like that -- not those awful inflatable ones!

    Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night!

    Paul, NYC

    ReplyDelete
  8. Santa is due in Hartford is less than a minute.

    ReplyDelete