Saturday, December 18, 2010

Guest Chopper #1: John Nguyen

A second generation Hyundai Genesis coupe for the right-hand drive European market, here in drop-top HT form.

G U E S T  C H O P — We have a special treat this morning—I'm featuring my first Guest Chopper! John Nguyen, also known online as Culong81, is a young photoshopper whose work I've been keeping my eye on for 2-3 years now. I first saw his chops at Motor Trend's Artist Loft forum, and he keeps getting better and better, posting his work at a few more sites now, givin' the people what they want! He's also quite a humble fellow, an admirable trait in the webworld. He takes the occasional criticism well and keeps coming up with cool cars the factories haven't. I saw his latest creation, this Hyundai Genesis HT a few days ago at CarSpyShots.com, and offered him the first "guest star" role here at casey/artandcolour. I'm delighted he accepted.

His Genesis is really a work of art. He has taken Hyundai's current, and very fashionable, design language, and extrapolated out into a second generation. The grille and headlights work beautifully with the "swoosh" side swage, incorporating the door handle in a very clean way. The exterior and interior colors are a classic combination, and the car has none of that "chopped off" roof look or "big ass" look of most retractable convertibles on the market today. I was really impressed with this photoshop piece the second I saw it. Its seamless execution also shows a mastery of the program. It has really been fun watching his work get better and better these past few years.

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations John Nguyen on being Casey's first guest-chopper. Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. GOOD MORNING CASEY AND ANNIE. I COULDN'T BELIEVE IT I STAYED IN BED UNTIL 10 THIS MORNING. IT'S NASTY OUTSIDE.. YUK.RAIN AND GREY.WHO CARES RIGHT, WE'RE TALKING CARS. LOL.WELL YOU KNOW ME, GIVE ME A FLOWER AND SOME OF YOUR NEW ARTWORK YOUR WORKING ON I'LL JUMP WITH JOY.GRAMPS WOULD SO ENJOY YOUR CAR CHOPS IF HE HAD FIVE MINUTES TO HIMSELF. HE'S ALWAY GOT A PROJECT FOR THE HOUSES, FRIENDS AND NEVER FOR HIMSELF. ONE OF THESE DAYS I'M GOING TO HOG TIE HIM , DRAG HIM TO THE FAMILYROOM AND MAKE HIM SIT DOWN AND LOOK AT ALL YOUR CARS. WAIT A MINUTE, MAYBE I BETTER NOT. I'LL NEVER GET HIM TO FINISH UP THINGS AROUND HERE. OH WELL, I'LL JUST KEEP TELLING HIM ABOUT ALL THAT'S GOING ON HERE AND LET HIM WORK UNTIL HE DROPS. BLESS HIS LITTLE PEA PICKING HEART.HIS BIRTHDAY WAS YESTERDAY SO WE'RE GOING TO MY DAUGHTERS' HOUSE FOR DINNER TODAY. I TOLD THE OLDEST GRAND DAUGHTER I EXPECT A BIRTHDAY CAKE FOR HIM BAKED BY HER OWN HANDS. SHE SAID OK GRANDMA OK. SHE'S HOME FROM COLLEGE FOR A COUPLE OF WEEKS. BAKING A CAKE I'M SURE ISN'T WHAT SHE WANTS TO DO TODAY. I SAY TOO BAD. J/K

    GRANNY

    ReplyDelete
  3. A big welcome to John!
    What a beautiful car! Who would have thought I'd covet a Hyundai more than a Porsche. If they build it, I'll be in line. Great job !

    ReplyDelete
  4. happy belated birthday to Gramps, Granny. I'm sure your granddaughter is having a fun time making that cake!

    plus, I'm really happy to have John's work here!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic, John.
    A beautiful car and great work !

    Thanks for spotlighting this gifted fellow, Casey.


    AP
    Malibu

    ReplyDelete