Saturday, December 11, 2010

Antique Fire Apparatus

A friend of mine's father owns a private museum dedicated to antique fire equipment dating back to the early 1700s. I can't say where it is, or show the exterior of the building or I'd have to kill y'all, lol, but it's nowhere near where I live, I had to take one of my VERY rare trips out of town. Most of his pieces are absolutely perfectly restored to the last polished nut and bolt. He has horse-drawn wagons, steam-powered equipment, and Mack trucks from the 30s and 40s, right up to the present day. There are firetruck toys, parade vehicles, a horse-drawn hearse for fallen firefighters, and a conference room full of reference books. He has been collecting this equipment for more than fifty years. The new, and gorgeous, post-and-beam three story museum is more than 12,000 square feet and houses "much" of his collection though not all. Enjoy the few photos I can post here, and know you're seeing stuff that only his family and friends have seen.

3 comments:

  1. Now that's RED! I can see it as a nail polish color. O.P.I would have a blast coming up with the name. My nomination would be "Px Seeing Red" lol or may be just "Red X"

    What neat and beautifully restored vehicles, Casey. Thanks for digging those out. Kinda Krismassey... I know...I know....don't you dare hit me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks! i haven't seen red fingernail polish in a long time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm wearing fire engine red nail polish as we speak. I even have a little Christmas tree painted on one nail. I have long nails for real nails, but not those claws of fake nails you see on some women!

    Katie

    ReplyDelete