Tuesday, November 30, 2010

This One MUST Be Worth $Millions : )

Millions of laughs, maybe. This David Cassidy comic book is dated 1973. While I certainly sported the hairdo, I wasn't a fan of his, and didn't watch the Partridge Family TV show very often. I really have no idea how this comic came into my possession. Many of the "newer" comics I have yet to scan for this blog—Archie comics, Fantastic Four, Batman, Little Lotta and the like—have little pieces of masking tape with prices marked on them, a dime or a nickel or a quarter. I think I might have once bought a box of comics at a tag sale, or perhaps my parents did. They went "bargain-hunting" every couple of weekends, garage sales, thrift stores, etc, and occasionally came home with some mighty strange items, lol. The psychedelic styling of this comic book, the typeface and ink colors, is tame and sugary, but it's still a cool kitschy item from the early Seventies, totally in keeping with its teeny-bopper theme.

Interestingly, David drove a bright red Triumph TR6 in this comic book, pictured above. I have no idea if that's what he drove on TV, or if he drove at all. What kind of a name is Letty, anyway?

8 comments:

  1. I don't recall David Cassidy (Keith Patridge) driving anything except, in later seasons, the family bus. Shirley Jones (Shirley Partridge) had a Comet station wagon -- if memory serves it was a 64. You didn't miss much by skipping this show.

    Paul, NYC

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG- I remember this! My sister has a bunch of these and I believe they produced a copy for 3-D viewing, if my memory survives me well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. CASEY, I'LL GIVE YOU TEN CENTS FOR IT.
    GRANNY

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so funny!

    If only it was so easy to switch companies . If only record executives dressed as nice as the evil Lew !

    'If you switched to the record company I work for,think of all the time we could spend together..."
    Thats stalker talk. In reality, I think David would politely excuse himself get up and call security!

    Thanks for the laugh, Casey!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I forgot my signature. I will start again:

    "Thanks for the laugh, Casey"


    AP
    Malibu

    ReplyDelete
  6. Letty = Letizia .

    A very famous Letty:
    http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maria_Letizia_Ramolino

    AP
    Malibu

    ReplyDelete
  7. very cool! Napoleon's mother. Who knew David Cassidy was so high-brow, lol?

    ReplyDelete