Friday, November 19, 2010

Studies in Chartreuse and Magenta

These images date to the summer of 2008. Mary gave me those gorgeous orchids in dark pink and white, white lilies and pale green Annabelle hydrangeas. While I was arranging them, my chartreuse scale model Mercedes Benz hatchback literally rolled into view, and I decided to shoot some color studies with them all. I have a gorgeous vintage art glass vase, also chartreuse, a pale yellow frosted vase and a mint green square kitchen bowl I use as a vase, and gathered all of the items outside on the porch to shoot. The green foliage and trees in the background looks really good to me right now as I look outside today at our barren late fall yard.

7 comments:

  1. When enlarged, the images really pop! Beautiful color combo.
    You should try drying the hydrangea, I have several dried arrangements in my house and the hydrangea kep their color for years - just blow the dust off once and awhile, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure if I dried those particular ones, but I definitely have some hydrangeas dried around here. BIG dust collectors though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. MY, MY, MY.LOVE THE PICTURES. ALSO THE PALE YELLOW VASES.

    GRANNY

    ReplyDelete
  4. Casey, you've done it again. Just beautiful. The compare and contrasts are knockouts. Those dendrobium orchids were always a favorite of mine when I worked at a florist. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. GOOD NIGHT PAL GOOD NIGHT

    TIME FOR SUPPER.
    STUFFED PEPPERS YUM.

    GRANNY

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh, I love stuffed peppers! have a good night, Granny!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, Katie! I never remember the name of those orchids, but they really last a long time in water.

    ReplyDelete