Saturday, November 6, 2010

Prewar Summer Gals

Three young nursing students enjoying the summer at the shore, 1939. Yup, my mom is on the lower right. Here's an exhaustive list of what was going on in 1939, month by month. Off the top of my head I know that's the year Gone with the Wind and The Wizard of Oz came out. I'm going to use my mother's clippings of her Hollywood idols in a piece soon. I have many cut-from-magazine photos of Clark Gable, Nelson Eddy, and many starlets of the period. I think they'll look great on either wood or a cardboard quilt.

2 comments:

  1. These were certainly well dressed young women...love the cardigans and the sailor collar!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your one of the few people that have such great details of your folks and other relatives that have made a profound impact in your life.

    Up until recently, my mom had showed me some pictures of her father and mother, but I still don't know that much about them since they passed earlier then expected. It might take a few more years to find out about some of my other relatives that had come here in the early part of the last century but at the same time many died during the second war. In the meantimes, I'm loving the historical images of the Big C's family.

    ReplyDelete