Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Left Coast Greetings

My best bud Bette sent me this photo yesterday of her deck. Bette lives on Puget Sound, in the background, near Seattle, and this was her first snow of the year. The temps were going to dip into the 20s last night, so her growing season will be over. I love the deck's wooden railing, the bowed black "spindles" (is that the right word? My coffee hasn't really begun to kick in yet!) coordinating perfectly with the curved frames of the deck chairs. The evergreens in the background and the water in the distance really add to this seasonal scene. 

For new readers, Bette is a HUGE animal-rights proponent and writes the blog, Walking the Dog. She is also the designer/owner/ entrepreneur of Tiny Growl, her company that developed the ScooPupPocket® for all of you that walk your dog and hate carrying the poop around in an old plastic bag. Bette also loves cars and does her own maintenance! I once saw her pull the inoperable engine out of her Series 2 GTI with her teeth and spit it out in perfect working condition. : )

10 comments:

  1. CASEY, I'LL TAKE THAT VIEW ANYDAY. ALTHOUGH MY VEIW IS AN OAK TREE AND A WOODEN FENCE I LOVE OPEN SPACES. MOUTAINS, LAKES AND FOREST ARE THE BEST.GOT TO GO. PRICE IS RIGHT IS ON NOW. LOVE ME SOME DREW.
    GRANNY

    ReplyDelete
  2. MOUNTAINS LOL
    I REALLY SHOULD REREAD MY POSTS. MAYBE GET NEW GLASSES. WHO REALLY CARES. IT'S THE REWARDS OF BEING UP IN AGE. WE CAN'T ALL BE PERFECT NOW CAN WE. LOL
    HAVE A FUN DAY KIDS.
    GRANNY IS TAKING A FEW DAYS OFF.I'M GOING TO TRY HELP GRAMPS GET OUR THANKSGIVING TOGETHER.

    GRANNY

    GRANNY

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a great Thanksgiving, Granny. I'm expecting most people to take a few days off from their computers. See you when you're back online.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Casey,

    Have you ever been to Seattle?
    I would like to check that area out on foot instead from some airplane seat.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woody: Nope. I've never been there. I think Bette is quite enamored with the locale and she's originally an East Coast gal.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful. I can't help it I love the snow and sticking out my tongue and catching snowflakes.

    Happy Thanksgiving EVERYONE. If you are traveling, safe journey. If you are with friends and family, love them. Peace.

    "Health is the greatest gift, contentment the greatest wealth, faithfulness the best relationship." ~Buddha

    ReplyDelete
  7. Once again Annie, I love the quotes you find.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you Casey. I find great comfort and strength in the sayings of Buddha. It just makes perfect sense to me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was reared 30 miles south of Seattle, on Puget Sound in Tacoma, Washington. I lived there until I was 34, when I set out alone for Boston and made a nice career there. Snow back then was quite unusual in the Puget Sound area. The temps usually hovered around 50 all winter. In the past 10 years, though, they have gotten a lot of snow every winter. Mom says it's my fault; I sent my east coast weather to them!

    Bette's deck and view are really beautiful! I WILL live on the water someday before I die!

    Happy Thanksgiving everyone. But I'm not going anywhere. I'll be online all week and all weekend. (after all, I do most of my shopping online! LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Are any of you audiophiles? I need some advice.

    Katie

    If you'd rather email me, my email address is nascarkate@aol.com.

    ReplyDelete