Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Growing Season Finished, 2010

Last of the vegetables a la artandcolour
The last of the tomatoes, green and red.

With a few added crops from the yard, including yellow lemon cucumbers, red chili peppers, chives and nasturtiums.

Well, the first frost of the season is history, as are the zinnias, dahlias, morning glories and most of the cosmos. The geraniums on the porch are fine, and I managed to pick all the basil and these last tomatoes the night before. For the photoshoot I placed my "crops" on a couple of sections of an antique door I'm painting. I was given a paneled door last year which was beyond repair at the bottom and I was able to make four separate "canvases" for my paintings. My painted "Kennedy Rocker" is visible in the bottom photo.

6 comments:

  1. Lucky, lucky crops to be ushered out of the season in such an auspicious way. They are leading their own parade. Hip hip hooray.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH CASEY YOU SLAY ME. LOL LOVE THE PICTURES. SO COOL AND FUN. CAN I BUY IT LOL? I COULD JUST SEE THIS ON MY WALL. SOMETHING FOR EVERYONE TO TALK ABOUT.

    GRANNY

    RAIN FALLING. LOVE IT.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Granny: you can save any photo on the blog any time you'd like. just click on them to make them bigger and then you should be able to "Save As" or "Save Image" somehow on your PC. Then you can print them out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I DIDN'T KNOW THAT.
    I'LL TRY TOMORROW.
    GOOD NIGHT AGAIN.

    GRANNY

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you can figure it out, you can go back through the blog and print out any photo you'd like. I hope you do, have someone show you because it's really easy!

    ReplyDelete