Thursday, November 25, 2010

Abstract Abstracts: Turkey Day Home Snaps

Indoor Sunflowers

D I G I T A L   A R T — While various dishes were baking, cooling, or waiting to be concocted, I snapped eighty-two photos of various tableaux around my apartment. I create assemblages everywhere. My collections are all pretty visual to start with; for these images I layered the photos with closeups of my paintings. I also took some photos of the cooking process as I created the meal. I guess you could say these are abstract representations of my abstract life and art. These look best large, so don't be shy, click on 'em! Hope everyone had a good day.

Found Root

Polished Copper

Hitchcock Chair

Vintage Fuji Watercolor

Getaway 'Bird

Kitty Corner

Tiny Bottles 

Cookin' with Gas

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing Casey. You make even the clean up process artful, love all of them.

    I told my daughter as I was leaving her house this evening this was the BEST thanksgiving ever, best food and the best time. So many laughs and even tears of joy. She thought I was kidding and I said no, I had a great time. I brought pumpkin pie home to try tomorrow.

    And Casey I thank you too for helping me be where I am today, you through your blog have given me a whole new attitude. xxxooo

    You touch loves in a way you will never quite know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your "abstract" approach to these photos. You took everyday Revereware to the next level!

    ReplyDelete
  3. CASEY, I DIDN'T GET TO SAY SOMETHING TO YOU YESTERDAY. I UNDERSTAND THAT WE AS A SMALL GROUP OF BLOG FRIENDS WILL NEVER MEET BUT I JUST WANT TO SAY WHAT A JOY IT HAS BEEN TO GET TO KNOW YOU ALL.ALSO CASEY,WHO YOU ARE THROUGH YOUR ART. LIKE ANNIE,I GET ALL EXCITED EVERYTIME I CLICK ON YOUR BLOG TO SEE WHAT YOU'VE COME UP WITH FOR THE DAY. YOU'RE SO SPECIAL AND MAYBE DON'T EVEN KNOW IT. I TALK ALL THE TIME TO ONE OF MY FRIENDS ABOUT YOU TO THE POINT I THINK SHE'S A LITTLE JEALOUS OF YOU.SHE LIKES TO TALK ABOUT HERSELF AND HER HEALTH.I CURVE AWAY FROM HER HEALTH TALK AND TALK ABOUT HOW GREAT YOUR BLOG MAKES ME FEEL. IT TAKES MY MIND OFF HER PROBLEMS AND MY OWN HEALTH. SO YOU SEE YOU DO GOOD IN SO MANY OTHER WAYS.I SMILE ALOT MORE SINCE FINDING YOUR BLOG. I'M STILL THINKING ALONG THE LINES OF BUYING SOME COLORING BOOK. WOULDN'T THAT BE GRAND. LOL, I MAY BUY SOME OILS AND RENEW MY PAINT BRUSHES AFTER CHRISTMAS.JUST TINKER WITH THEM AND SEE IF I CAN PAINT A FLOWER LIKE I USED TO YEARS AGO. GRAMPS IS OUT THIS BLACK FRIDAY BUYING HIMSELF A TV.
    HE LIKES SPORTS AND I LIKE SOAPS AND ANYTHING THAT MAKES YOU GIGGLE.
    THE MONEY COULD BE SPENT ON IMPORTANT PROJECTS THAT AREN'T DONE YET BUT AT HIS AGE, WHY NOT?

    HELLO TO ALL THAT COMES BY CASEYS' BLOG TODAY. JUST ENJOY THE MINUTE YOUR IN. I TRY.

    HUGS,
    GRANNY

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well Casey, lest you get a big head from the above posts, I think you suck!

    Just kidding! LOL

    xox

    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good to hear an honest opinion, Katie! : )

    ReplyDelete