Saturday, August 7, 2010

Dahlia on the Counter

I had to pick my first dahlia to bloom this year. I'm not sure if it was the rainstorm we had a couple of days ago or if the weight of the bloom was just too much for the stem, but I found it bent at a 45° angle today and it wouldn't have lasted without being cut and placed in water. The pink, magenta, lavender and yellow bloom, almost five inches in diameter, contrasted so well against my dark green faux-marble kitchen counter I had to capture it for everyone. This same flower can be seen here when it first opened up July 27th.

4 comments:

  1. SOMETIMES I WONDER HOW MANT PEOPLE STOP AND SMELL THE ROSES.
    I DO EVERYDAY.

    GRANNY

    ReplyDelete
  2. FORGOT TO SAY. LOVE THE COLORS.

    GRANNY

    ReplyDelete
  3. I KNOW I COULD PAINT THIS FLOWER. I DO REMEMBER HOW FROM YEARS GONE BY.

    GRANNY

    ReplyDelete