Thursday, July 29, 2010

The Only Time I've Used Glitter. So Far.

Self Portrait: Scarf Sculpture, Bugs Bunny, und Ich. 
I scanned this in 4 pieces and pieced them together in Photoshop. There is no original photo. The piece was placed on the scanner glass and shot directly. I think this is the way to get more detail in the overall images. 15 x 18 inches on wood. Click for the closer view.

M Y   A R T — As one of the glazes on this multiple-image self-portrait, I mixed in two colors of dime-store glitter, metallic lime green and metallic royal blue. Then through sanding and further glazing, the glitter ends up a fairly restrained addition, lol. Images include a scarf sculpture installation from 2003,with dangling vintage rhinestone jewelry, various collectibles, and a mix of digital and film prints.

5 comments:

  1. Casey, I think this is my favorite so far. I really love the colors and the items and that it is "you"...They are all good and hate to say "favorite"...but think I might have to (until the next favorite comes along)
    mare

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!. Every time i make a new one it becomes my favorite, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'LL ORDER ONE OF EACH. THERE ALL GOOD.

    GRANNY

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a glitterphobe as well. I buy auto paint pigments on eBay and mix them with acrylic medium.

    I've got a whole collection of pearls, flakes, satins, shimmers, sparkles, ghosting pearls, color-shifting pigments, etc. I'm a bit of a magpie - I like shiny things. It's not for everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  5. HI Marius! Those paints/glazes sound awesome! I bet you do really interesting stuff with them.

    ReplyDelete